title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

two of the same discs both can't rip

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soongsc
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2011

two of the same discs both can't rip

Hi, I have two of Ray Charles's "Genius Love Company". Both cannot rip a single track from. Does anyone know what gives? Help much appreciated.
  • ksvane
    • Mar 2011

Re: two of the same discs both can't rip

I have experienced similar things with copy protected cds, does anything indicate your cds are copy protected? Such information can usually be found on the back cover. Depending on your drive, a copy protection might make ripping impossible.

Quoting Spoon:
    "The music industry engaged in a folly around 2002, with the idea that CDs could be made unreadable on computers, but still play on CD players. The first method employed used a fake 2nd session with invalid track times, CD players can only read the first session, computers will use the last session and thus be fooled. Good CD Rippers can read the first session, then it is down to the CD drive to be able to read outside of the false first session (over-read). The method was also bypassed using the infamous black marker pen trick (draw over the 2nd session of the disc)."

Comment

• soongsc
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jan 2011

Re: two of the same discs both can't rip

hmm, it's "copy controlled" compatible with Win95. Wonder what that means. So this means I need a specifc drive. When CD just came out, they were advertised to last 100 year. So far, many have not even outlived my LPs, let alone SPs

Comment

Working...

]]>