title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

cdgrab.exe shuts down

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pwest
    • Jan 2011

cdgrab.exe shuts down

I installed the trial version of R14 (I have no older versions on my PC) and the cdgrab.exe shuts down (Windows error "cdgrab.exe has encountered a problem and needs to shut down"). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling without changing any defaults, same problem.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: cdgrab.exe shuts down

Try starting with no disc in the drive, then uncheck all the metadata providers except freedb, then insert a disc, does that work?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pwest
      • Jan 2011

Yes, that works. Does that mean I cannot select multiple sources for obtaining meta data, or was it the "no disc in drive at start-up" that made it work?
      Thanks for your help.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It is likely that AMG is crashing on your system, it is also likely it is crashing because your security software is altering the data between CD Ripper <> and dmr.allmedia.com (or dmr.allmediaguide.com)
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• johngla
          • Jan 2011

Given this thread is about cdgrab.exe - My windows 7 systems popped up 'Compatibility settings have been applied to cdgrab.exe due to a detected fault'??? What's that all about and is it something to worry about - I've ripped several hundred CDs before this message was displayed today?

Comment

Working...

]]>