title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Dynamic MetaTag Naming & Creating Playlists

Dynamic MetaTag Naming & Creating Playlists

Using R14 multi-encoder (FLAC compression 5 & MP3 VBR 320kps) to create FLAC for SONOS / SB Boom and for my iPhone / iPod respectively

I've followed the recommended setup guide to allow me to experiment, but I want to organise using a specific structure

This is my proposed structure:
    Top level folder - Genre

Then depending on CD content:
    1. Various or compilation CD with one or multiple discs into a single folder, but the filename to reflect the disc
    Various - Album Name\Track number - Track Artist - Track Name - Album Name - Disc *blooper*

OR

2. Single Artist CD with one or multiple discs into a single folder, but the filename to reflect the disc
    Album Artist - Album Name\Track number - Track Artist - Track Name - Album Name - Disc *blooper*

Within CD Ripper Configuration
    Selected Padding in the Rip options to ensure "01" rather "1" for disc numbers
    Selected Padding in the Rip options to ensure "01" rather "1" for track numbers
    Option set to add disc number to album name: never

So I think the follow dynamic string should do the above

[genre]\[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist][][IFCOMP]Various - [album] [IFMULTI]\[track] - [artist] - [title] - [album] - Disc [disc][][IF!COMP][artist][][] - [album]\[track] - [artist] - [title] - [album] - DiSc [disc]

Is that correct? Anything else I should consider?

I set DSP to use ReplayGain as recommended in the setup (which I can see when I try to edit tags in explorer). However, I am struggling with the playlist writer

I've tried a numer of combinations
    1. Added into the DSP on the main ripper page - not creating the m3u
    2. Added into each of the encoder settings (FLAC and MP3) - not creating m3u
    3. Added into both the DSP on the main ripper page and on both the encoder settings (FLAC and MP3)

Any suggestions?

Administrator

Re: Dynamic MetaTag Naming & Creating Playlists

If you are using multi-encoder then the playlist writer will not function.

Thanks Spoon. What you recommend as the easiest way to get playlists to be created?

Also what do you think of the naming syntax, will it deliver what I need?

Thanks

Administrator

Your naming, compilation could be set as well as album artist which would lead to a funny folder name.

You might not need a playlist of an album, as all the players you mention can play albums without playlists.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Your naming, compilation could be set as well as album artist which would lead to a funny folder name.
    Could you explain with an example? I've not found constructing this very easy :o

Administrator

See the default one:

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[track] [artist] - [title]

If Comp and IF!Comp are within the [IFVALUE] check (if there is not album artist)