title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Renaming filename from tag question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnny D
    • May 2009

Renaming filename from tag question

Hi All,

I'd like to know if it's possible to do the following please.
    I like to have my music files as "track - title" for the file name. I do this using the tag id update utility or audio rename utility in dbpoweramp
    I have several mp3 files that i am trying to rename from the tag but i don't know if i can with the tag info i have. I'll try and explain.

the example mp3 file name is "oasis - live forever". Oasis being the artist and Live Forever is the title. The relevant id tag info for my question/task is
    artist oasis - live forever
    title oasis - live forever
    track 3

Is it possible with the tag info i have to rename the file to "3 - live forever" and also update the tag to artist oasis and the title live forever.
    Thanks in advance
    Johnny D
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Renaming filename from tag question

Not it is not possible, unless you manually do it (the artist name has been entered previously into the title).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Johnny D
      • May 2009

Hi Spoon,

I didn't think it was possible. Still a great bit of software though. Thanks for the reply.

Johnny D

Comment

• aleg
        • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Johnny D
        Hi Spoon,

I didn't think it was possible. Still a great bit of software though. Thanks for the reply.

Johnny D
        Other tools, like MP3Tag could do this.

It would take you two steps that can be done on multiple files.

1. You could split one tag value into two tag values using a pattern. Say split %artist% into %artist% and %title% using pattern "%artist% - %title%".
        So starting from %artist% "oasis - live forever", this would give you %artist% "oasis" and %title% "live forever"

2. Then you can use "rename filename from tags" using pattern: "%track% - %title%" which would give you "3 - live forever".

-
        aleg

Comment

Working...

]]>