title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Dynamic output location with command line ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jholvoet
    • Dec 2010

Dynamic output location with command line ?

Hi there,
    I am new to dBpoweramp Reference (13) and find this app really great so far. I use it to convert my Flac files to mp3.
    I find it quite slow to open the app, browse through my network (long), select Flac files folder, click on "Convert", wait (long), click on Convert, wait 'til it says "These files exists, overwrite ?" (very long), ...
    Besides, I use different "profiles" (different lame settings) for conversion, which means that I have to change the settings all the time. The easiest way to do this would be to be able to save these settings and reload them (juste like in CD Ripper), but I think this does not exist in Music Converter.

So I was looking at using the command line to create some kind of .bat file that would say :
    " For each file in Flac folder
    use CoreConverter exactly as in the screenshot and overwrite the files" :-)

Any idea how I could do this ? I cannot figure out how to use dynamic output location such as "[album artist]\[album]\[track]-[title]", and did not find good samples of what I am trying to do. I can handle a dos loop for source files, DSP effect for albumart seems OK (at least I found some documentation on this), lame settings also, but my main issue is to recreate a folder tree using IDtags.
    Sorry if this topic has already been discussed, but I did not find anything.

Thanks in advance for your help !
    Jerome
    Last edited by jholvoet; 12-14-2010, 09:45 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Dynamic output location with command line ?

It is not possible to use the dynamic naming with Command line, also the reason why the overwriting page is slow because each file has to be opened over the network and have the ID tags read to be able to figure out the filenames.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jholvoet
      • Dec 2010

Thanks for you quick answer, though I am very disappointed.
      I understand that overwrite check is long, no problem.
      Do you plan to add some "conversion profiles" management to Music Converter one day, just to be able to reload the settings easily ?

Thanks again

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

R14 has these profiles in the Converter.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jholvoet
          • Dec 2010

Great news !
          I just upgraded from R13 to R14, activated "Enable profiles in Converter" (sounds good !) in configuration, but I cannot find where I can manage profiles in Batch Converter ? Setup screen seems exactly the same as in R13.

EDIT : OK found it, in the "Converting To" drop-box. Works fine, but it would be great to include overwriting choice and file format filters in the profile itself (everything that can minimize human action during the process is appreciated !)

Anyway thank you very much for your help ! Next step is how to schedule a conversion, see you in the wish list ! :-)
          Last edited by jholvoet; 12-15-2010, 09:47 PM. Reason: Eurêka !

Comment

Working...

]]>