title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Multi Encoder DSP's not working

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dippert
    • Jul 2010

Multi Encoder DSP's not working

I'm using R14 with Multi Encoder 3.
    Insecure files are correctly being labeled 'error'

I ran this test to confirm it wasn't working:
    The Flac encoder is set to write files to DESKTOP\flac\[track].
    The DSP for that encode is set to move 'error' files to DESKTOP\error.
    The ALAC encoder is set to write files to DESKTOP\ALAC\[track].
    The DSP for that encoder is set to delete error files.
    Neither is working.

But if I use either DSP in the main screen, they work. But I don't want to keep the ALAC version of a bad rip, hence why I'm tryping to use encoder specific DSP's.

If all else fails and I have to just move both file types to \error, can I use the "Run External" DSP to run a .bat file (after conversion or after batch?) to delete .m4a files from the /error folder?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Multi Encoder DSP's not working

It is not possible to use the 'Move On Error' DSP when using the multi-encoder as that information cannot be correctly passed through multi-enocder.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• biggles
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jul 2010

There seem to be a number of limitations on multi-encoder use that are not intuitive (examples in the forums: shouldn't run album replaygains with it, shouldn't use with local encode, shouldn't use the 'move on error' dsp with it).

I know it's impossible to describe the limits of all features comprehensively, but since multi-encoder is so useful to many, Spoon, could you please list as many limitations as possible that you are aware of with multi-encoder?

By "limitations", I mean "features that one can select with multi-encoder but one should not use" (dsp's, "encode to" selections, etc) thanks.

Comment

Working...

]]>