title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp Batch Convert For UNC Folder

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jamil
    • Oct 2005

dBpoweramp Batch Convert For UNC Folder

This applies to dBpoweramp v14. I am running Windows 7 64-bit.

When I browse network folders in Windows Explorer, I am able to click dBpoweramp Batch Convert that appears on the folder's context menu. However, batch converter appears not to correctly handle UNC paths.

I end up with the batch converter window open with no selections made. I have to navigate down to where I was under the Network collapsible then traverse back to the path on the server.

This should be able to be fixed.
  • Jamil
    • Oct 2005

Re: dBpoweramp Batch Convert For UNC Folder

It actually looks like dBpoweramp is not including my NAS file server under Network on the batch converter window. This probably explains why there are no selections. I do see it within the Windows Explorer though.

Why wouldn't dBpoweramp show it?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Map the share as a drive then it is accessible.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• GKusnick
        • Mar 2011

I second this request.

In my case the UNC path is accessible through the Network node of the tree view, but the right-click dBpoweramp Batch Convert option fails to select it for conversion, and I have to navigate the tree to select it manually. I'm wondering if it's a case-sensitivity issue, since the server name appears in Windows Explorer with mixed case (e.g. MyServer) but Batch Converter shows it as all uppercase (MYSERVER).

Yes, I could map the network share to a local drive letter but I prefer not to do that, as this really ought to work with UNC paths.

In a possibly related network issue, I notice that Batch Converter is able to create the target folder structure on local drives, but not on network shares accessed by UNC path. In the latter case the target folders are not created and the conversion fails (unless I create the empty folder structure manually before converting).

Comment

Working...

]]>