title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Dynamic naming advice

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Quasimodoh!
    • Nov 2010

Dynamic naming advice

Hi,

Just tried dbpoweramp for the first time and very impressed, I have got a couple of questions that I'm hoping someone with more experience can answer?

1. I'm converting my existing iTunes library (Apple lossless format) to FLAC. The reason is I'm hoping to get a Naim Unitiqute and want to put my library in FLAC format onto a NAS box (The qute won't 'do' Apple lossless natively). Having no experience with running music from a NAS is there a preferred format for naming the files? I chose artist\album\track but it seems to change the structure from iTunes structure.

2. If I'm running the music from a NAS (QNAP TS-419p) which one will manage the files with regard to album art, browsing etc? the NAS or the streamer?

3. Can I use DBpoweramp to convert and include all the album art even though it is stored in a separate folder in iTunes?

Apologies if these are all newb questions that have been answered a hundred times before.

Dave
    Last edited by Quasimodoh!; 11-22-2010, 07:56 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Dynamic naming advice

1. Players tend to use ID Tags not filenames
    2. NAS
    3. No, if iTunes has not embedded the artwork it cannot be converted with the files.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Quasimodoh!
      • Nov 2010

Thanks Spoon, I realised that all my questions had been answered in other posts (mainly by you ) so my bad for not searching thoroughly first.

Currrently converting the library as we speak and all going well, thanks for your help.

Dave

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
        1. Players tend to use ID Tags not filenames
        2. NAS
        3. No, if iTunes has not embedded the artwork it cannot be converted with the files.
        google "embed art in itunes" and you'll find some cheap ($5) and free software for automating the embedding of artwork into itunes files from the itunes art database.

Comment

Working...

]]>