title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

customTag support for liner notes?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • okli
    • Nov 2010

customTag support for liner notes?

Hi,

I've never used Asset yet, but I'm considering to purchase Asset UPnP RipNAS. I saw that Asset supports custom tags and I'd like to now, if I can bring my liner notes (in pdf) to show up, using this feature? Moreover, what does "support for custom tags" mean - where would they be shown? Is there some integration for this feature with the Asset contol point or does this only means that they will be exposed in the Result object returned for example by Browse queries? Could someone please elaborate more on this feature, because this is key factor in my decision. I'm struggling for a long time with this limitation, even if IMO addind such a feature to some UPnP server / control point should be very trivial - what we need is appropriated http-get request with the correct MIME type...

TIA,
    Ilko
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: customTag support for liner notes?

These tags are used only for browsing the tree, you cannot browse using the liner notes so would not be used.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• okli
      • Nov 2010

Hmm, any chance this could be added as RFE? I thing this feature will be very interesting for a lot of people having scanned their cd booklets or purchased albums online from hdtracks, linn records, etc. I wouldn't mind if pdf only is supported and I have to embed them as a tag into my flac files...

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It is not possible with UPnP.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• okli
          • Nov 2010

Well, it depends... UPnP allows vendor extentions. I don't know which ContentDirectory version Asset implements, but the latest (v3) defines, for example upnp:foreignMetadata, and the res specification defines user-extentions as well. So, with some creativity this would be possible even in a UPnP comform manner, IMO... On the other hand, why just not provide this outside of the UPnP as a value-added feature of the Asset server for the control applications, which can make use of it and leave the other clients to ignore this info, if they don't want to process it. I'm sure something in this direction will be standard in some of the next versions of UPnP, so you'll have this already implemented. Just my thoughts, but I'm sure I'm not the only one out there having these troubles.

Comment

Working...

]]>