title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Key Disks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heathcote
    • Oct 2010

Key Disks

I was luckily able to find a key disk (joni mitchell - ladies of the canyon) when first setting up that produced an offset no problem to configure and have been ripping ever since.
    I now find that the software is asking me for 3 key disks and appears to have lost the original offset settings. I have tried 50+ cds and none of them are apparently in the database or suitable???????
    Tried ripping a cd anyway and the log shows an offset of 0 (original was +667 samples, +2268 bytes).
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Key Disks

Until it configures with 3 matching key discs (or 1 if the drive is in the database) there will be no offset applied.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Heathcote
      • Oct 2010

Thanks - I guess what's confusing me is that it found the offset originally and now it can't? I am using the same laptop and cd drive as before.

I can insert the original key disk that was originally accepted but it's still asking me for another three now.

You might understand I'm a complete novice at this.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Depends on the CD drive, sometimes they are purged from the database if they are found to have offsets which change with firmware version.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Heathcote
          • Oct 2010

Was working fine yesterday, new machine etc.

Just tried another 25+ cds and no joy so I'm guessing there's some other problem. :(

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

You are using dBpoweramp or EAC?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>