title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD drive slow NLY when using dp Pamp ripper?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ericom
    • Nov 2010

CD drive slow NLY when using dp Pamp ripper?

Something disturbing is happening. I have abrand new Samsung TS-H653R drive in a brand new HP Pavillion,running Win-7 64 bit. I have ref.13.5 dp pa installed. In the past day or two,I have noticed some problems with working with CD's and DVD's...at first the drive wouldn't read them at all...I was able to correct this by solving a startup app conflict,but I still have this problem when ripping...The drive is capable of 40X speed,and most of the time,it will rip CD's at anywhere between 25X and 38X...BUT...more and more lately,it will start to rip,and hang at 6X to 8X. I tried a fresh install of the program with no success. Note,that every now and then,the thing will crank up to normal speed,but I'd say 95% of the time,it plods along. I have been using db for years now,and this is the very first time I have had issue with it. (IF in fact,it is the software's fault...it very well may not be...I'm beginning to suspect the drive itself,but usually when they go ,there GONE)--??????
    ericom
    PS: along with this problem,I am getting more than average "insecure" rips,from CD's that are in fine shape..????
    Last edited by ericom; 11-15-2010, 12:41 PM. Reason: typo's and additions
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD drive slow NLY when using dp Pamp ripper?

Normally it is the drive which determines the speed for what it thinks the quality of the disc is (when a cd is inserted the drive reads a little bit of the last track and sets the maximum speed to that).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>