title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBp vs. cuetools

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tenerife
    • Sep 2010

dBp vs. cuetools

I ripped my Smiths' "Louder than Bombs" CD with dBp 14 and cutools 2.0.9.

Here are the log files:

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

A few questions:

(1) If I abut all dBp tracks together and run them through cuetools, the resulting files do not show up as being accurate.

(2) Why, when I rip with cuetools, do I get an HTOA track, and no such track with dBp?

(3) Should I be concerned about my dBp tracks... and if I wanted to reconstruct the exact album layout to re-burn, could I?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dBp vs. cuetools

With a start LBA 33 that disc does not have a HTOA (it would be a fraction of a second if it did).

Cuetools cannot verify a disc which does not start at 0 LBA as it cannot reconstruct the TOC.

dBpoweramp verified the Rip with AccurateRip so it is accurate.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Tenerife
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
      With a start LBA 33 that disc does not have a HTOA (it would be a fraction of a second if it did).

Cuetools cannot verify a disc which does not start at 0 LBA as it cannot reconstruct the TOC.

dBpoweramp verified the Rip with AccurateRip so it is accurate.
      I will have to go back and look to see if other "problem" CDs I've ripped and cannot verify as accurate ex post facto are these non-0 LBA types.

Edit: I just tried to run a few of the Smiths dBp-extracted track through cuetools to verify them and the disc ID wasn't found so no AccurateRip analysis could be done.
      Last edited by Tenerife; 11-02-2010, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• Tenerife
        • Sep 2010

This thread appears to be my "problem" as well:

Essentially, extractions made with dBp are not seen as accurate by cuetools. Must read to find the "cause."

Comment

Working...

]]>