title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset 3.0 under Crossover HOW TO RESCAN?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mactavish
    • Apr 2010

Asset 3.0 under Crossover HOW TO RESCAN?

Install of 3.0 on Crossover 9.2 running on MacPro tower under Snow Leopard OS, went fine, created NEW WinXP bottle. I was able to find the command to run "AssetConfig", left the settings as they were, except changed the music folder to an external hard drive. When looking at the server running from my Onkyo 906 AVR, there are NO music files listed in any of the folders.

So I thought I may need to run the media library since I don't know how to get back to the very first Asset screen that comes up when you first install it, the one that allows you to do a "rescan" of the music folders you choose?

Under Asset 2.1 I was able to "run command - uMediaLibrary.exe". Under Crossover, I was able to navigate to the Asset 3.0 program files, and tried running "uMediaLibrary.exe" as a "command", but it does NOT run at all.

So I am wondering how I can get to the first Asset screen, to rescan (the small screen you get to see after the original install)? The Advanced Config screen does not have a scan button, or a way to get to the original screen, and after selecting a music folder, scanning was not done automatically, as I thought the documentation says it should. So all I have so far are all empty folders on the server end, in my case my Onkyo 906 AVR.

Must be doing some things wrong here. Thanks for the help!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset 3.0 under Crossover HOW TO RESCAN?

You would start:

"C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\AssetConfig.exe" --normalwin
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Mactavish
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
      You would start:

"C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\AssetConfig.exe" --normalwin
      Thanks, it's an odd command, guess it has to do with me using Crossover.

I was able to open the main config window. I clicked on both options under "Rescan Library", buttons: "Detecting Changes", and "Refresh All". Nothing happens. Under "STATUS" it still shows "Library Contains 0 Tracks, 0 Albums.

In "Advanced Settings" window, in Audio Library the folder I ADDED, shows "Contains: Audio Tracks".

Nothing is being scanned for some reason. Still stuck? Sorry, thanks.

Comment

• Mactavish
        • Apr 2010

Never mind, I clicked on "ReStart Asset", then tried Scan again, NOW it's scanning the folder.

Comment

Working...

]]>