title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Searching for playback devices

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • macrel
    • Oct 2010

Searching for playback devices

Hello,

I installed Asset V3 and asset control yesterday, and everything worked fine. Today under zones I see 'searching for playback devices'. My playback device is turned on. I have tried rebooting - not sure what else to try.

Can you point me in the right direction?
  • macrel
    • Oct 2010

Re: Searching for playback devices

OK, rebooting my playback device made it show up. Now I can add to the play list but the tracks wont play. Don't know why.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

What is your playback device?
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• macrel
        • Oct 2010

I am using a PS Audio Bridge, which is housed in their PWD DAC.

Things started working again - no obvious reason - I just closed the Asset controller and restarted it and on the 3rd or 4th attempt it started working. There seem to be delays in the controller - showing what is playing and also the timer stays at 0.00 for a while and then jumps to 0.06 for example. The DACs image of the album is also out of date sometimes ... not sure what piece is at fault, just a little flakey. Seems like the Asset Controller doesn't always show the actual track that is playing on the 'Playing' screen..

Also noticed some hi res flac files are not picked up for playing ...

Now that it is mostly working, I am happy enough. Thanks for the product!
        Last edited by macrel; 10-30-2010, 12:41 AM.

Comment

• macrel
          • Oct 2010

I am finding the Asset controller has some issues - tracks not playing, delays of various types, 24 bit 176k flac files not showing up at all. I downloaded Kinsky desktop and these issues disappeared.

Comment

Working...

]]>