title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Oppo BDP-83 Settings

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bens993
    • Oct 2010

Oppo BDP-83 Settings

Does anyone know which file formats to force under audio format streaming and best settings for OPPO BDP-83?
  • PSSO
    • Jul 2007

Re: Oppo BDP-83 Settings

Try this one - http://watershade.net/wmcclain/BDP-83-faq.html

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

If using Asset v3 you should not have to force anything as it is done automatically, but it should be LPCM.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bens993
        • Oct 2010

I am still trying to figure out why my TV advances tracks while streaming over powerline adapter but my oppo locks up while changing tracks. Oppo offers little support but said that I need to make sure Asset settings are as follows. Problem is I do not see the exact setting options in Asset. I have the full paid version. Oppo suggests the following (After you install Asset UPnP, change the Asset Running Mode to "Local Account", then go to Advance Setting and "Edit". Ensure that "Force LPCM" is selected and NO maximum bit/frequency are set.)

I dont see a local account running mode.
        No force LPCM I have a box to select multiple formats to stream as is, LPCM, MP3 etc. Do I check all formats to stream LPCM?

Finally what do they mean by the max bit frequency? Set Maximum to any bits any frequency and any channels? What does the mp3 kpbs setting box do? Does it only play files of that bit rate or less or does it increase quality of a lower kbps file?

I still think that the OPPO is at fault despite the settings because no matter what settings I try the Oppo will find the server navigate with ease but once you play a song and then try to advance tracks it gets stuck. I would like the Oppo to work due to the analog output quality.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

>Do I check all formats to stream LPCM?

Yes

>max bit frequency? Set Maximum to any bits any frequency and any channels?

They mean do not change these settings
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>