title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Newbie post

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Treyster
    • Sep 2010

Newbie post

I have purchased dbPoweramp R14 Reference and ripping CDs to FLAC files has never been easier.

I have an Onkyo TX-NR1007 and I have it set up to work with a Windows 7 Ultimate PC and Windows Media Player 12. This works great for .wav and .mp3. However, I have had no luck getting the flac files to stream.

First I installed madflac to get media player to play flacs on the pc. They would not play on the receiver.

Next I downloaded and installed Asset UPnP. Still no joy. Since I have uninstalled Asset UPnP and installed the beta version 3. Still no joy. Can someone offer any advice?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Newbie post

You will possibly have to set Asset (in advanced configuration) to stream FLAC as LPCM
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Treyster
      • Sep 2010

I will try it. How would this work in my situation? Ex. Receiver calls for flac file, Windows Media Player streams it with Asset performing the decode?

Comment

• Treyster
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
        You will possibly have to set Asset (in advanced configuration) to stream FLAC as LPCM
        Unfortunately still no luck :(

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Make sure you are selecting the server as Asset UPnP: [computer name] not the Windows Media Player server, as it cannot serve flac files.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Treyster
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
            Make sure you are selecting the server as Asset UPnP: [computer name] not the Windows Media Player server, as it cannot serve flac files.
            The Onkyo receiver does not see Asset UPnP: TREY
            It sees Media player (TREY: Windows Media Player 12) and 2 DirecTV receivers which are also being shared through the Windows 7 PC.

Comment

• Treyster
              • Sep 2010

OK - after a bit of a struggle, several reboots of both the Onkyo receiver and the Windows 7 PC, Asset uPnP is visible to the receiver and it plays FLAC files from my library.

WooHoo!

Thanks SPOON!

BTW, It only worked once I changed FLAC back to "as is" in advanced configuration.

Comment

Working...

]]>