title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

first post ...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eness
    • Jul 2010

first post ...

Hi there!

This is my first post and at this stage Asset is unknown to me!

However, having read somewhere that Asset UPnP was the best audio streamer around, I have done my preliminary planning by reading some of the posts in this forum.

I have an HP MediaSmart Server servicing the house (8 zones) and have sccessfully completed the movies setup (PopCorn Hour A200 streamer); (YAMJ and YAMFOE for menuing). Cat6 throughout with an HP ProCurve Gigabit switch in the hub.

Now, I intend to use Asset V3.0 on the HP Server to serve music to all zones and was wondering if anyone had already developed a foolproof process for this server. I want each zone resident to be able to select whatever genre of music they like and have it streamed into their zone.

Selfishly, I want to minimise the frustration expressed in some of the posts on this forum.

Will Asset V3.0 work for me: automatic catalogues? HD streaming to multiple zones?; remote access?; Internet radio?; Grooveshark? ... and any other features recommended.

I hope this is clear enough ... don't really speak 'audio' ... so I'll try my best.

Help and advice most appreciated. Will post back my experiences!

Regards
    Eness
Working...

]]>