title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

IDTAGS not showing up in multiple windows accounts

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spamtomas
    • Jan 2010

IDTAGS not showing up in multiple windows accounts

Im using windows 7 64bit, i ripped a load of my own cd's, and created a bunch of mp3's. When i view them in windows (not using dbpoweramp popup, but by clicking properties of the song and then details tab) i can see the ID Tags are there. When i log on as a different user the "Album Artist" and "Album Artwork" tags are blank, the rest are OK.

Please someone help, this is playing havock with itunes when i import them, it puts them into different folder based on artist name as the album artist field is blank.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: IDTAGS not showing up in multiple windows accounts

Perhaps there are multiple different audio files? each user has its own music folder.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• spamtomas
      • Jan 2010

Sorry i dont think i explained myself well enough. Also i think this post may need to be moved to the Music converter thread, sorry dont know if i can do that.

I have 2 user accounts on my PC, one for myself the other for my girlfriend. We need 2 because we both have iphones so need to sync different stuff to our iphones. If i convert a FLAC album to mp3 using Dbpoweramp batch converter, the album artist is added to the mp3 tag. And i can then import into itunes and everything is great.

If my girlfriend tries to convert the same FLAC files into mp3, (Using the same settings, i have checked) it does not save the album artist or album art.

Both of us are admins on the PC (bad practice i know, but windows is just easier that way).

It seems the program doesnt fully write the IDTAG data that is available under my girlfriends account. I have recreated her user account and no joy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i cant see whats going wrong here

T
      Last edited by spamtomas; 05-03-2010, 06:17 PM. Reason: Done some more testing so updating

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Run dBpoweramp Configuration >> Codecs >> Advanced

make sure that the mp3 tag creation is id3v2 for the account which is not working.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• spamtomas
          • Jan 2010

That's great, it Worked. Guess i should have looked a bit deeper or RTFM :blush: Cheers Spoon.

Comment

Working...

]]>