title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

external usb drive question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dalza
    • Apr 2010

external usb drive question

Hello,

I'm a complete newbie, and although I've read through a number of posts, I am still a bit confused about the importance of using a "good" cd-drive when ripping cds.

I have found the following cd drive on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-TEAC-DW-22...292110002r9746

A couple of questions
    1) Is this the drive referenced above the one that users seem to agree is best for ripping?

2) The drive that I have on my pc is a MATSHITA DVD-RAMUJ87OQJ. Can this drive make use of all the features in dbpoweramp?

3) What would be the advantages of the TEAC drive over the one I already have?

Thank in in advance for any guidance you can give.

All the best,
    David
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: external usb drive question

Every modern drive can rip 100% bit perfect, the difference between drives is their ability to recover errors when they happen. If your rips are verified by Accuraterip then the rip is perfect.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dalza
      • Apr 2010

Spoon,
      Thanks for your quick response.

There is something I'm a bit confused about: If a rip is verified by Accuraterip is perfect, why are there so many discussions about external drives, C2 pointers, etc?

Sorry for being insistent:(, but could you explain what the advantages, if any, the TEAC drive has over my MATSHITA drive?

If I just rip a few cds with my current drive as a test, and the results come back verified by Accuraterip, can I be sure that the digital files created are "as good" as the files created with the TEAC drive, for instance?

Thanks again to you or anyone else who can respond.

David

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

>If I just rip a few cds with my current drive as a test, and the results come back verified by Accuraterip, can I be sure that the digital files created are "as good" as the files created with the TEAC drive, for instance?

If verified they are 100% correct, you cannot get any better than that.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dalza
          • Apr 2010

Thanks spoon, I'll give it a try.

So, no need for a new drive. Great!

Comment

Working...

]]>