title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Secure and AccurateRip results

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SBurke
    • Mar 2010

Secure and AccurateRip results

Hello. Just got dBpoweramp this week and am thrilled with it, especially how it is able to hit the nail on the head in terms of metadata on classical CD's. Don't know of another program that can produce those results.

Anyhow, some questions about ripping.

Sometimes I will see that a rip is noted accurate, but the CRC is red or green rather than black. What is the significance of those three colors?

Next, sometimes I see a green check, or a green i, next to the notation "secure." What is the significance of that difference?

Many thanks.
  • Teknojnky
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2006

Re: Secure and AccurateRip results

accurate means your rip was the same as x other people

secure 'check' means that no errors were detected but your rip did not have any comparisons

secure 'I' means that some errors were detected but were either corrected or didn't occur in later passes/re-reads.

Comment

• SBurke
      • Mar 2010

Thanks a bunch for the reply. How about the three different colors on the CRC (red, green, black)? At different times I've gotten all three on rips that were accurate. Any significance to the difference?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The CRC is black the first time it is ripped, if the track is ripped again it is green if matches the previous rip CRC, or red if it does not. If it is red then you know for sure that the current rip, or last rip had an error.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• SBurke
          • Mar 2010

Thank you!

Another question, if you don't mind: Sometimes I get an indication that a rip was secure, but that it did not match the AccurateRip database. (Before ripping the indication was that the disc was in the database.) In my view if it rips securely, I shouldn't worry about the fact that it doesn't match the database. Fair assumption?

I guess I think of secure ripping and AccurateRip as sort of a redundancy (I know they're not technically redundant; I mean a redundancy in the sense that there are two "catches").

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

There are different pressings for audio cds which would account for this.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• SBurke
              • Mar 2010

Thanks Spoon. I appreciate the follow-up and am very high on this product. SB

Comment

Working...

]]>