title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem! Pops at very end of AIF tracks--

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kristian
    • Mar 2010

Problem! Pops at very end of AIF tracks--

Greetings,

I've been ripping 2 streams simultaneously with dBpoweramp , AIF for playback, FLAC for archival storage. I use a freshly built, dedicated music server w/o any superfluous programs or antivirus. Running W7 64-bit, latest J River MC using WASAPI. Gigabyte ga-ma785 mo-bo, using onboard Realtek ALC889 audio with W7 driver. Temporary setup is 2-ch. computer speakers plugged into analogue audio out. I get one pop at the end of every track immediately before next track from the mobo's audio out, also on headphones out. I switched JRMC to use the FLAC library--no pops!

One clue: The AIF files misstate the track times by 1 sec too much, and the pop happens right at the end of the actual track time as denoted by the CD/track listing. E.g., if a track is 3:00 minutes by track listing, the AIF in playback will go to 3:01 before switching to the next track and pop at 3:00. Where does this additional time come from?

Or, is this not a MC/AIF playback issue, but a dBpoweramp ripping issue? Can ripping add the pop somehow, or is it a MC AIF compatibility issue?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Problem! Pops at very end of AIF tracks--

Try removing the ID Tag from the AIFF file (right click on one >> Edit ID Tag).

Tagging is supported officially in AIFF, as Apple write tags also, but that is not to say J River can read files correctly with tags.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kristian
      • Mar 2010

Spoon,

Removing the ID Tag stopped the pop--does that mean JRMC has a problem playing back AIFs?

Thanks!

Kristian

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Yes
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...