title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Media Server Device Description XML URL (PlugPlayer)

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4

    Media Server Device Description XML URL (PlugPlayer)

    Hello,

    PlugPlayer doesn't see Asset UPnP on my WHS.
    I want to try and add it manually. What's the Device Description URL?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    38,480

    Re: Media Server Device Description XML URL (PlugPlayer)

    Install:

    http://i-ds.appspot.com/kerrera

    This will show the media servers and their urls.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4

    Re: Media Server Device Description XML URL (PlugPlayer)

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Install:

    http://i-ds.appspot.com/kerrera

    This will show the media servers and their urls.
    Thanks - my iPhone is however on a different sub-net (got a Wifi-G router hanging off the main router for slower devices so I don't mix N+G on main) and that app doesn't sniff that far.

    I would find it more intuitive if the server would report how it is configured. Is there a log file somewhere? Thanks.

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    38,480

    Re: Media Server Device Description XML URL (PlugPlayer)

    Part of the URL is unique to the computer it runs on, it is GUID generated at runtime, but is constant once generated.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4

    Re: Media Server Device Description XML URL (PlugPlayer)

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Part of the URL is unique to the computer it runs on, it is GUID generated at runtime, but is constant once generated.
    Ok - but can I see it somewhere on the computer it is running on? Then I could enter it manually in PlugPlayer for example. If not please add this to the next version so it shows on the console. Thanks.

  6. #6
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    38,480

    Re: Media Server Device Description XML URL (PlugPlayer)

    Install Intels UPnP tools, then there is something called device spy:

    http://www.intel.com/cd/ids/develope...Technology.zip

    Which will show the URL.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    20

    Re: Media Server Device Description XML URL (PlugPlayer)

    Quote Originally Posted by threeeye View Post
    Ok - but can I see it somewhere on the computer it is running on? Then I could enter it manually in PlugPlayer for example. If not please add this to the next version so it shows on the console. Thanks.
    There is a free app in the itunes store called 'uPnP Peek' that does nothing but list the uPnP services on your network.

    Also make sure your router and firewalls are configured to pass uPnP requests.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4

    Re: Media Server Device Description XML URL (PlugPlayer)

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Install Intels UPnP tools, then there is something called device spy:

    http://www.intel.com/cd/ids/develope...Technology.zip

    Which will show the URL.

    Ok, thanks. These tools allowed browsing the network from another PC and revealed: http://192.168.1.11:26125/DeviceDescription.xml

    So if you guys would list the port in the AssetUPNP admin console it would make things easier to troubleshoot.

    @steverose - the iphone is in a different subnet and these scanners don't cross it hence I needed the url.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •