title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Alternative to manually typing artist, track titles, etc?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KWilson0288
    • Feb 2010

Alternative to manually typing artist, track titles, etc?

I'm using dbpoweramp to rip a huge CD collection (500-600 CD's) for my friend. The collection consists of a great deal of original discs he has purchased, as well as a lot of copies of cd's he has made himself because the originals were scratched. The program is working great at picking up the track info and everything for the original discs, but all the copies of CD's are coming up blank. When I search for a record of some of these disc's on freedb, they are listed. Is there a way I can plug in the database number or file from freedb into dbpoweramp to tell the program what cd it is, therefore auto naming all tracks and artist names for me? Thank you for any input!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Alternative to manually typing artist, track titles, etc?

Not automatically no, sorry.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Wayne
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Aug 2002

I think The Godfather can be used to automatically tag tracks after they have been ripped, though I have never used it myself.

Comment

• dvdr
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Sep 2008

As far as I know, Godfather doesn't do that anymore - at least, it's been the case a year ago, when I tried it.
        I have gotten good results with winamp - there's a way to recognize completely untagged files and populate artist, album, track title etc., and it worked suprisingly well!!!

Comment

• Porcus
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Feb 2007

Mp3Tag is scriptable, although I haven't tried that feature.

However, if one has name etc., and not too few CDs, then using Mp3Tag manually with Discogs is not that much of a job. (Although it delivers fairly large cover art, so one may want not to embed it and script that later.) Foobar2000 also retrieves from Discogs, but not that detailed it seems.

By the way, when ripping with dBpoweramp, use [unique] at the end of the folder name ensures that one does not rip to the same folder over and over. (Or [cddb_id]; although that is wrong, it ends with a double-hexadecimal number signifying the *blooper* of total tracks, just to verify that you have the right folder for the CD. I don't know if [unique] is increasing so you can get them in the right order, or if there is a tag which is so? Time?)

Comment

• EliC
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

You can check out MusicIP Mixer, it will acoustically identify songs and find meta-data for them.

Comment

• Wayne
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Aug 2002

I see Tagscanner has a option to search freedb/amazon http://www.xdlab.ru/en/index.htm doesn't know how good it is though.

Comment

Working...

]]>