title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DBP 14 Beta - New Accurate Rip I suppose

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thg6276
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Aug 2008

DBP 14 Beta - New Accurate Rip I suppose

Hi

I've ripped this evening a cd with DBP14 Beta

First time I see this mentionned on the log file

Track 18: Ripped LBA 275195 to 290684 (3:26) in 0:05. Filename: C:\Documents and Settings\Thierry\Mes documents\Ma musique\Matmatah\Archie Kramer\18 Au conditionnel - Single Mix.flac
    AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 3) [Pass 1]
    CRC32: E4B3F6FB AccurateRip CRC: 6E385A5E [DiscID: 018-0029e776-023ac4c6-fa126f13-18]
    AccurateRip Verified Using Pressing Offset -642, Confidence 3 [crc 6e385a5e]

Spoon could you explain the last info "Accurate Verified Using Pressing Offset

Is it for the different pressing of this cd ?

Thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: DBP 14 Beta - New Accurate Rip I suppose

Yes, it used the results of a different pressing to verify your disc, which ordinarily would not match (as it is not in the database).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pjc2
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
      Yes, it used the results of a different pressing to verify your disc, which ordinarily would not match (as it is not in the database).
      How does this work? Are you just recalculating the ripped data's CRC with varying track offsets and then comparing them to the AR database CRCs for this disc? Do vary by one sample at a time? (E.g., would matching a -642 offset take a very long time?)

Or are you doing something completely different?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

We know the offset of the pressings because there is a 2nd offset finding crc for all tracks.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>