title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I edit meta data?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jcoyier
    • Feb 2010

How do I edit meta data?

I just ripped a cd using the FLAC codec but the meta data isn't right. The track titles are messed up. song1, song1, song2, song2, song3, song3...... so I need to manually enter I guess. How would I do that?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How do I edit meta data?

Right click on a track >> Edit ID-Tag

You can select the whole album and do the same (as they have the same artist and album name).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jcoyier
      • Feb 2010

As far as I see, right clicking on the track name can only be done AFTER you rip the track. Since the rip process includes writing the ripped file to my hard drive, the file name has already been set. So when I right click and choose "edit ID-tag", I'm in Windows Explorer, which lets me change the info but that has no effect on Explorer which still shows the name it set when the rip was executed. This would mean the only thing that would effectively change the name I see and care about for generating playlists, etc. is the one that Explorer shows for the particular track and to change that, I basically have to go through each one AGAIN and change the file name from Explorer. Surely I must be missing something?????? What I think I'm looking for is a way to edit the meta data BEFORE the rip so that the right track info ends up on the hard drive.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Select the track in CD Ripper and press F2 to edit.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>