title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Accuraterip superflous if EAC test&copy is enough?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • carl
    • Jan 2010

Accuraterip superflous if EAC test&copy is enough?

hello!!

ive use eac and more specific test and then copy for my rips. then i get crc ok or *blooper* if its fails. damaged discs always tend leading to altering crcs, right? so this should be enough. or is accuraterip mostly just for speedup, since the test phase makes ripping take twice as long as simply copy and then verify against acuraterip.
  • andynormancx
    • Jun 2008

Re: Accuraterip superflous if EAC test&copy is enough?

No, you can have discs/drives that will return the same wrong data twice in a row, resulting in the same CRC but a bad rip. Which is why we have and use AccurateRip...

Comment

• carl
      • Jan 2010

that is rare though?

Comment

• sredmyer
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • May 2008

Originally posted by carl
        that is rare though?
        Not really.

What if there is a manufacturing error or just a scratch (label side ?) that causes repeatable reads. In either of these cases the disc will check good with simple rip..re-rip crc checks. However it would obviously be bad. AR would catch these occurances.

But what I think is an even bigger advantage is if the disc is in AR and is confirmed after a single pass there is no need for the lengthy process of trying to get some number of matching CRCs. This equals a huge time savings

Comment

Working...

]]>