title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Getting wrong metadata when ripping (one CD)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jazzer
    • Jan 2010

Getting wrong metadata when ripping (one CD)

Hi,

this is my first post, tried to find asnwers to my problem but could not find.

I have succesfully ripped about 60 CD's now, but after ripping John Coltrane's Giant Steps (Atlantic Jazz Masters series, Atlantic SD-1311) it appears as Charles Mingus - Legendary Jazz Disc 3. All the twelve tracks were ripped but every one of them has a wrong name, artist etc.

Thanks for any advice

j
  • sredmyer
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2008

Re: Getting wrong metadata when ripping (one CD)

Interestingly enough, I just ripped the same disc for a customer and had the same problem. A curious side note though is that although the metadata (album title, artist, track titles) was wromg, it did pull the correct album art.

I don't think this a problem with the dbPoweramp software but rather a problem with the metadata providers. In other words, CD Ripper calculates the CDDBID and submits it to the provider and the the providers data on this disc is simply wrong.

For what its worth I come across this fairly rarely but it does happen. When it does happen (and I catch it) I simply manually enter the correct metadata.

Comment

• jazzer
      • Jan 2010

Re: Getting wrong metadata when ripping (one CD)

Thanks Steve,

I will try to manually edit the data

j

Comment

Working...

]]>