title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper won't work over Remote Desktop

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wheelson
    • May 2011

Re: CD Ripper won't work over Remote Desktop

I ran into this problem as well and simply right clicking on dBpoweramp and selecting "Run as administrator" solved this problem as well. For me anyway.

Comment

• GarageMahal
      • Feb 2004

Thanks much!

I am copying the directions here in case the linked page goes away:

Start Group Policy Editor

Go to the Start menu and type in: gpedit.msc
      In the left pane of Group Policy Editor, navigate to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Removable Storage Access.
      In the right pane of Group Policy Editor, change the value of the Setting, All Removable Storage: Allow direct access in remote sessions, to Enabled.
      Exit Group Policy Editor and you should be able to burn a DVD over Remote Desktop now

Comment

• dealmein
        • Jan 2012

I had this same issue. Change the properties of the icon, Under the compatibility tab, check "Run this program as an Administrator"

Comment

• JMinSF
          • Mar 2007

Same problem here. The original directions are long gone, but the equivalent info is on the Microsoft web site at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ote-connection. Same approach of modifying the group policy. Running as administrator also works, but is a bit too permissive for my taste.

Comment

Working...

]]>