title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

'Error no encoder specified.' when ripping CDs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PGrogan
    • Jan 2010

'Error no encoder specified.' when ripping CDs

Hi

I have just registered, downloaded and installed the latest version of DBPowerAmp Reference on Vista32. I am experiencing 2 issues:

1) Settings are not being saved. Each time I select Options and click 'OK' on the Options dialog and then go back into Options the Options that I selected disappear. If I add DSP / Actions and restart the application they have disappeared when i restart the application. Each time I start the CD Ripper application it checks the CD drive for accurate rip.
    2) Each time that I try to rip a CD to FLAC or any other file type I get the following errors for each track
    Error ripping to , 'Track 1' to '\'
    Error no encoder specified. [dBCoreConverter::ParseCommandLine]

Error ripping to , 'Track 2' to '\1 - .'
    Error no encoder specified. [dBCoreConverter::ParseCommandLine]

Since having these problems I have reinstalled DBPowerAmp, installed the FLAC codec and restarted the PC several times but to no avail.

I did install a non registered (trial) version of DBPowerAmp previously, so this may have had some affect.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: 'Error no encoder specified.' when ripping CDs

Something is stopping dBpoweramp from accessing the registry. Perhaps security software? or overzealous settings in Windows (it is possible to lock the system so nothing can access HKEY_CURRENT_USER, except it is supposed to be used by programs).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PGrogan
      • Jan 2010

Thanks spoon. The software works now that I have disabled User Account Control.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

UAC should not have effected dBpoweramp accessing HKEY_CURRENT_USER, oh well if it works for you...
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>