title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

converter exe & win2000

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 55trucker
    • Sep 2002

converter exe & win2000

hello Spoon......need some help here........i've recently started to use win2000 as my op sys...(upgrading from win98).....i've encountered a problem with the converter exe.....every time i begin to make use of the converter (version 9 currently)to encode to mp3 from wav, converter causes an error within Windows, and an error is logged, and converter is shut down.......this takes place EVERY time i attempt to encode, so as it is , i cannot use the converter at all in win2000........what happens is......as soon as the program begins to run......the time remaining counter appears, displays what it thinks is the max time to count down....then as the program begins to encode, the remaining time starts to climb.....the error is generated, and the program is shut down.....now.......i also still have win98 on my pc.(hidden)........and if i go over to win98...and use converter exe....the program runs flawlessly......now, there is nothing else on the win2000 system.......its barebones..only there to use as my system for wav editing, and the like.....seeing as win2000 and XP are built on the same NT technology, have you had any other problems mentioned with this same sort of problem as well?.....something i did do......just exploring......i obtained the encoding dll file from Lame 3.93..i installed that dll file into converter exe....and......to my amazement.......the program will now run......(BUT.....with one minor problem.....all files that are encoded...do not finish up with the correct time length.....they come out a few seconds shorter that the original wav file) note that the 2 dll files are not the same size.....3.92 dll file is 200kb large, and 3.93 dll file is 168 large.....something is not in the 3.93 file that is in 3.92 file....can you shed any light on what the problem may be?.......would appreciate it...your software has always run smoothly for me in the past........this *bump* must have a cure......hope you can help me find it...thx.......
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Visit www.accuraterip.com on the software page download the latest Beta version of dMC.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• 55trucker
      • Sep 2002

Hi again Spoon...........tried as you suggested...the beta version of your latest............mmmmmmmmm......came up *snake eyes*......the converter exe still produces the same situation.......the time remaining does not start out at *max*......as the program begins to run..the time remaining starts to climb, instead of decreasing.......and then the error is posted.....windows shuts down the converter.........have tried to install the program *outside* of the operating sys (in another drive).........the program stills runs smooth.except for the converter exe.........just will not encode to mp3........what can be the problem?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try converting to wave first, if that works try different mp3 compression settings.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• 55trucker
          • Sep 2002

Hi Spoon...........with regards to converting.........all that i am doing ..at this point......is converting wav files to mp3 (no mp3 to mp3)...some are small........(single tracks).......some are album sized..(note that the album sized are moreso susseptable to causing an error than the small ones......one sees the *time remaining counter jump all over the place searching for the true accurate *time remaining* ........thx

Comment

Working...

]]>