title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dbPoweramp Converts Only One Section

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rougaroo
    • Apr 2009

dbPoweramp Converts Only One Section

Hi -

dbPowerAmp 8.0 updated from numerous past versions, working on converting not-to-be-named spoken word file. Previously this had worked just fine using the freely available instructions available elsewhere on the Web.

Now dbPowerAmp will convert only the first section and then says it is "Finished". And there are hours yet to go.

Any idea how to configure dbPowerAmp to keep going through a section? Is it a pause that triggers the finish or is there some internal marker that needs to be defeated?

Rougaroo
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: dbPoweramp Converts Only One Section

What kind of files are these?

Comment

• rougaroo
      • Apr 2009

I was hoping you'd read between the lines. They are commonly-seen spoken-work files with an extension containing only the first letter of the alphabet.

The files have section markers in them, which aids in navigation. Using instructions not available in this forum (but commonly available on the Web), I've converted these files many times before. After updating dbPowerAmp recently, though, dbPowerAmp only converts the first section of any file and then says it has "Finished".

So - how to either strip out the section markers or how to get dbPowerAmp to keep chugging through the conversion?

Rougaroo

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Ahh, I think I see now. I belive if you remove any bookmarks you have, it will work, but I'm not sure.

Comment

• rougaroo
          • Apr 2009

I haven't placed any bookmarks, there are only the section markers that are already placed in the download.

The proprietary program that manages the d/l and library (I am using version 4.0 - an old one that used to cooperate with dbPA) doesn't have anything like "remove section markers" as an option.

Rougaroo

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Best guess is to maybe try playing all the way through in Windows Media Player? Never done it myself, so no idea on the exact process.

Comment

Working...

]]>