title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

No CD drive found

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trilliansounds
    • Oct 2009

No CD drive found

Hi,

I've been using R13.1 with an internal and external DVD drive without any problems but all of a sudden dBpoweramp can't find any of the drives. The drives appear fine in explorer and I can see the contents of CDs. Even clicking on the explorer shell extension to rip the CD using dbpoweramp fails.

The drives are:
    HL-DT ST DVDRAM GSA-T10N
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW SE-S224Q (ext USB)

Any help from the forum would be much appreciated.

Thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: No CD drive found

Run dbpoweramp configuration >> Music Converter and enable the debugging option. Close this program then start CD Ripper, then close CD Ripper, post the results please. Also updating to R13.3 would not hurt.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• trilliansounds
      • Oct 2009

Hi Spoon,

I've updated to R13.3 and activated the debugger but nothing pops up on the screen after launching and closing the CD ripper.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Odd, there is no way of debugging the debugger

Try CD Ripper >> Options >> Communication and set to Windows Internal.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• trilliansounds
          • Oct 2009

Was afraid of that :D

Setting the communcation to use the internal windows IO didn't work either... it seems really odd that the program was working fine then all of a sudden it stopped working. I'll start uninstalling recent programs and see if that brings it back but if you've got any other suggestions...?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Try:

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It

Then reinstall.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>