title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

embedding album art

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnny D
    • May 2009

embedding album art

Hi guys,
    Hopefully I've posted this in the right place.
    Here's my problem.
    I have a folder containing 11 mp3 files all from the same album. The poser is only track Nº 1 has the album art embedded in the tag.
    I do not have the "folder jpg" either in the containing folder
    Is it possible to embed the album art into the the other 10 mp3 files and if so how?
    I have tried using the id tag update and tag from filename but so far to no avail
    Any help is very much appreciated
    Thanks in advance chaps.

Johnny D
  • Johnny D
    • May 2009

Re: embedding album art

Hi Guys.
    An update from my first post

I've managed to export the embedded album art from file Nº1 by converting the file to mp3 (lame) (it was an mp3 originally anyway) using the music converter.
    I still need help on adding it to the other files in the same process if possible and by using the tag update or tag from file name codec rather than converting to mp3 (lame) option if that is possible.
    Hope that makes sense.
    Thanks in advance.
    Johnny D

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

[ID Tag Update] utility codec can import folder.jpg to files.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• hitmouse
        • Dec 2008

If you want to update album art into all album tracks quickly rather than one at a time through the dbpoweramp interface, use the free utility MP3tag. You can use drag and drop to add album art to all or selected files.

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

You can import via dMC multiple folders at a time using the [ID Tag Update] utility codec and the Batch Converter, as long as there is a folder.jpg or whatever in the folder for each album: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showpost...6&postcount=13

Comment

• Johnny D
            • May 2009

Hi Guys,
            Thanks for all that info. You'll have to excuse my ineptness, but i'm newish to the dbpower way (excellent audio software it is though) and get abit confused with things like importing and exporting album artwork and tagging from file etc. i.e what does what when adding the artwork.
            I have version 12.4 and reference registered and the [ID Tag Update] and [ID Tag from filename] codecs installed. Not sure what the difference between the two is though.
            My aim is to embed artwork into all the files and also have the "folder jpg" in the artist/album folder as well. I want to do this to all my mp3s eventually, most of which have album artwork embeded already in the files. I also want to leave the files in there original location if possible. I have about 3000 mps, some ripped and some ive transfered from external hard drives.
            Am I able to do this in one foul swoop, and how, or is it abit more complicated than that?
            Appreciate the help guys
            Johnny D

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

First, note that dMC does not download album art, it can only work with album art that is already embedded or album art that is already a folder.jpg in the folder.

The difference is that the [ID Tag Update] manipulates the ID Tags on the files, the [Tag From Filename] Tags the files based on the filenames of the files, which is useful when you have files with no tags but correct, detailed filenames.

Now, if you already have embedded artwork, you can simply use the "Batch Converter", point it at all your music files, then tell it to convert. Choose the [ID Tag Update] codec from the drop-down, go to the manipulation tab and choose "Export to folder.jpg".

If you already have folder.jpg and want to embed it, do the same as above, but choose "Import to folder.jpg".

Both of the above processes will not move your files, just either add a tag or make a folder.jpg file in the folder that contains the files.

Comment

• Johnny D
                • May 2009

Thanks LT,

I'm going to have a go at what you've said. I pretty much get what you're saying, and that's helped me no end.

I'll let you no how i get on.
                Thanks to you other guys as well for the info.
                Much appreciated.
                Johnny D

Comment

Working...

]]>