title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Flac To MP3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cditty
    • Jun 2009

Flac To MP3

Hi. I have ripped all of my cds to flac and would like to use the converter to make an mp3 copy for the portable devices. Here is my question.

If I run processes, like trim and normalize for the mp3's, will it alter my flac files? I want to make sure I don't mess up my library. It has taken 6 months to rip and tag all this stuff.

Thanks,

Chris
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Flac To MP3

No the source files are untouched when converting to mp3 (as long as the DSP Effect Delete Source File is not used).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• cditty
      • Jun 2009

Thanks... And BTW, dBpoweramp is the best software purchase I have ever made. It made the process of ripping everything as easy as I suppose it could be. Great product.

Comment

• hitmouse
        • Dec 2008

If you don't have a backup of your ripped and tagged files then you would be a fool. And not only a backup, but - as with any important data files - multiple redundant backups in multiple locations.

Comment

• cditty
          • Jun 2009

I have USB backup stored at work. I am an IT Manager. Always have an off-site backup if something is really important to you.

Comment

Working...

]]>