title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper multiple errors after Windows reinstallation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xerophyte
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2008

CD Ripper multiple errors after Windows reinstallation

Just tried to use the ripper for the first time following Windows reinstall (yes I do seem to do that a lot).
    The first attempt the ripper read the CD and asked me to configure Accurate Rip, which it did successfully. It then suggested I rip the CD to fully test the system, which I agreed to, seeing I had it open to rip the CD anyhow. It then stopped after two tracks, the errror message said something about not finding core converter.exe. (Sorry should have copied to clipboard)
    Thinking it was a problem with the CD (which is well used) I aborted the rip, then succesfully ripped with WMP.
    I tried dBpoweramp CD Ripper with another disk and it tells me it cannot find a CD drive. It found one ten minutes earlier (and WMP found 2!) so what is the problem here?:(
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD Ripper multiple errors after Windows reinstallation

Your system does not sound healthy at all (missing coreconverter, multiple CD drives).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• xerophyte
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • May 2008

Hi Spoon,
      You may be right about my system, I am not entirely happy with various aspects of it since the reinstallation.
      The reason that WMP found 2 CD drives is that one is a virtual drive installed by power ISO.
      Is not coreconverter part of dMC?
      I am going to attempt an unistall, reboot and re install.
      There is some little utility program you have to remove the final vestiges of dMC settings. I thought I had saved it last time but can't find it. Would you be able to post a link please. If I am going to uninstall then I mean to uninstall completely, only way to ensure a clean start.
      Last edited by xerophyte; 06-26-2009, 03:02 PM. Reason: Extra info

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• xerophyte
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • May 2008

Hi Spoon,
          You were right about my system being buggy, however after another clean install I have exactly the same problem, ie the first time I insert a CD to rip it recognises my drive, wants to calibrate Accurate Rip and asks for me to rip the CD to verify Accurate Rip. Then it produces an error after two tracks "Unable to find coreconverter.exe". This time I did copy the error report to the clipbaord but it went walkies before I could copy to a notepad.
          And now it is not able to see any CD drive.
          So same problem, and coreconverter.exe is part of DMC so I would appreciate your thoughts.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Version of dMC?

Comment

• xerophyte
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • May 2008

Reference 13.2
              Thank you for asking:smile2:

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Have a look in C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp

to see if you can see CoreConverter?
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• xerophyte
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • May 2008

Hi Spoon,
                  Looked in C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp and CoreConverter is there.
                  Just to bring you up to date, I had a world of trouble with my last instalation (despite being the administrator I was denied access to just about the whole computer) so another Windows reinstall has been done. This time I installed security software before going on line to Windows Update, and the install seems to be clean.
                  The latest with dMC is that the CD Ripper now sees the ONE real CD drive, but does not "see" the CD in it. Also attempted an ID tag update earlier this morning (to add cover art), and I got error messages that mentioned CoreConverter.
                  Running AV scan right now, but the last was clean. My last scan with Spybot showed no malware, and Malwarebytes also showed the system to be clean.
                  Want me to upload the CoreConverter to you?:confused:

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

If it is there then it is being blocked, potentially by your security software.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• xerophyte
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • May 2008

Hmm ...
                      Firewall is Comodo, AV is Symantec, and I also use Spybot.
                      I have been using these apps for some time, with no impact on dMC that I have noticed.
                      Which do you think is the likely culprit?
                      Last edited by xerophyte; 07-06-2009, 09:12 AM. Reason: Extra information

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

Reisntall Windows (full format of HDD and fresh install) - do not connect to the internet install dBpoweramp and try ripping. If later it stops working after installing a forementioned program then you have found the culprit.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• xerophyte
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • May 2008

Not likely,
                          I have installed Windows 4 times in a month, one of the reinstallations was due to going online with no security software.
                          I will try disabling them and let you know the results.

Comment

Working...

]]>