title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Resample

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • willbelair
    • May 2009

Resample

Hi, I am new to this tool, and try to use dMC-R13.2-Ref-Registered to do the conversion from command line. What I dont understand is the sample rate, which I think I need to use the DSP effect to change the sample rate.
    By default, when converting to Wave, the converted file is 16KHz/16bits/256.
    I need to get it done as 8KHz/16bits/128 .
    Could someone please show me how to add the option to do that?

Much appreciate.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Resample

See the help page on Wave it gives the command line options for Wave to set the settings you wish.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• willbelair
      • May 2009

Thank you Spoon.
      I post it here, just in case someone might need that.

-bits="16", or "float" (non supplied uses [as source])
      -freq="44100" (non supplied uses [as source])
      -channels="2" (non supplied uses [as source]) "1" to "9"

Example: "c:\program files\illustrate\dBpoweramp\coreconverter.exe" -infile="c:\afile.mp3" -outfile="c:\outfile.wav" -convert_to="Wave" -bits="24"

Comment

• willbelair
        • May 2009

I have another problem with this Wave conversion. I have the coreconverter.exe installed on Windows 2003 server, and do the same process to convert wma to wav. The result is awful - which is perfect on XP machines. I just wonder there is any extra set up on different type of windows version?

Thank you

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Enable professional frequency conversion option in dBpoweramp Configuration
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• willbelair
            • May 2009

Thank you Spoon,

I tried that, and still got the same problem, the audio sound was distorted. I install the wma for XP version. Also, found this thread http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/archive/...p/t-13196.html
            in which you said:-------
            Spoon07-08-2007, 09:15 AM
            Should be for 2003 as well yes, it is newer than xp, install the xp version.
            ----

I just wonder is there anything else that I missed. This is the command :

C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP>coreconverter.exe -infile="input.wma" -outfile="test8000.wav" -convert_to="Wave" -freq="8000"

---
            I have this version registered. And just wonder if there is any add on or plugin that solves the problem.

thank you

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

Why such a low frequency? If you convert with the GUI, does the file sound OK?

Comment

• willbelair
                • May 2009

Hi,
                we need this freq for our phone system. Looks like the software does not work right on windows server 2003. I found that there is something wrong with the codec of Windows Media Player 10. If you try to play a .wma lossy file, you will see the different between XP and server 2003. I tried to install the codec package from MS site, but no use.
                Anyone having this issue? Please help.

Thank you.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Microsoft do have different codec versions, depending on OS, Vista has the latest WMA codecs.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>