title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Error message when installing Asset UPnP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Error message when installing Asset UPnP

Hello,

I just bought a Windows Home Server (Fujitsu Scaleo 2205) and the Sonos music system. After configuring all the stuff I installed Asset UPnP 1.1.0 on the WHS because I want to integrate it in Sonos. During the installation (like described here) there were the error message "There is an error with C:\Programme\Illustrate\dBpowerup\dBConfig.exe" (I'm German, so the original message was "C:\Programme\Illustrate\dBpowerup\dBConfig.ex e ist ein Fehler aufgetreten").

I clicked OK, the installation continued and everything seemed fine because Asset appears in the installed Addin list and in the properties list where you can configure Asset. It's also possible to open the "Advanced settings" window and edit the settings.

But my problem is: Asset doesn't appear in Sonos - nor on the desktop controller neither on the handheld controller. I deinstalled and reinstalled Asset and restarted the WHS (really restart, not only suspend or hibernate) - but that didn't help.

Then I logged me in into my server by typing "mstsc.exe" in the "Run"-field so I can see the desktop, the explorer (and so on) of Windows Server 2003. I checked "C:\Programme\Illustrate\dBpowerup", but there is no file called "dbConfig.exe"!

Does anybody know how to solve the problem ?

Thanks for your answers,
    Frank

Administrator

Re: Error message when installing Asset UPnP

The error is not important (it is the WMA codec trying to register with Music Converter which is not in Asset).

For Asset to appear in the Sonos, you must follow the steps in the manual to enable sonos to find UPnP servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The error is not important (it is the WMA codec trying to register with Music Converter which is not in Asset).

For Asset to appear in the Sonos, you must follow the steps in the manual to enable sonos to find UPnP servers.
    Well, I followed the installation guide and checked "Show music from Rhapsody UPnP Servers" in File >> Preferences >> General Tab >> Advanced Options on the SONOS Desktop Controller.

Do I have to reset the handheld controller, or what did I do wrong?

BTW, on my SONOS Rhapsody is not shown on the list of the music services. I don't know if this may be important to know...

And: I recently installed Simplify Media on my Windows Home Server - another UPnP server - and SONOS does find this service, so it can't be up to SONOS...
    Last edited by DrFink; 05-17-2009 at 12:30 PM.

Administrator

Have you restarted your WHS machine? also if there is a firewall on the WHS machine (other than Windows Firewall) you will have to add Asset to the exclusion list.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Have you restarted your WHS machine? also if there is a firewall on the WHS machine (other than Windows Firewall) you will have to add Asset to the exclusion list.
    I did restart the WHS, and there is only the Windows firewall on the WHS. I even installed the Windows XP / Vista / 2000 version on the server (after uninstalling the WHS version), but that also didn't solve the problem.

Administrator

Try running the XP version on a 'normal' machine, such as your laptop, to see if your sonos can see that?