title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

My audio CDs won't rip

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • colinatt
    • May 2009

My audio CDs won't rip

I have just updated dBpoweramp and I find now that no audio cds however new and pristine will either rip or play. I have carefully configured secure ripping and have Accurate rip running, but all that happens is that Track 1 runs for maybe half a minute then reports an error (damaged disk) quickly followed by errors on all other tracks. Interestingly, at the same time I have to report that no available software player will play beyond half a minute of a track (Windows media player, Quicktime).

I thought this maybe a fault with my DVD writer drive, so I bought a new one - with the same results!

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: My audio CDs won't rip

Clear dBpoweramp and its settings:

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It

Re-install, then try ripping straight away on the same settings as default.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• colinatt
      • May 2009

Thanks, Spoon for prompt reply. I've done exactly as you suggest, with the same results as before - errors down all 12 tracks and the message for each "unable to read CD, check CD disk (frame LBA 7696 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 17823)".

Anything else I can try?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

CD Ripper >> Options >> Communication to Windows Internal
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• colinatt
          • May 2009

Thanks again. I've done this - gone to Communication to Windows Internal, closed and restarted CD Ripper - and the result is the same as before. Very similar error message.
          Is it possible that some sort of DRM program has got into my machine which blocks any form of copying, even playing?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Yes very possible.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• colinatt
              • May 2009

So. No answers then. I would have liked to carry on using poweramp - excellent if it works. If I ever find an answer I'll let the forum know.

Comment

• Stockdoc
                • May 2009

I have just encountered pretty much the same problem. I have succesfully ripped about 80 CDs when suddenly the db won't rip. The first track starts to rip about 5 secs then followed by an error for all remaining tracks.
                I can rip in iTunes without any problems so I guess this must be a db problem? I have reistalled etc, any advice?

Thanks
                Henrik

Comment

• Wayne
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Aug 2002

What version of windows are you using? What are your Ripper setings? Can you rip the other tracks individually?

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Have you tried?:

Clear dBpoweramp and its settings:

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It

Re-install, then try ripping straight away on the same settings as default.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Stockdoc
                      • May 2009

Thanks Spoon, it's up and running again!

Comment

Working...

]]>