title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Metadata Tag Characters ANSI now UTF-16

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmyates
    • Nov 2007

Metadata Tag Characters ANSI now UTF-16

I upgraded to V13.1 from v12.4 recently. I love the application. The metadata ID3 tags are now in UTF-16 format. I cannot find a configuration or option setting to maintain the previous ANSI format. Is there such an option? If not, I request that there be one. This is important as the metadata is being parsed by a database application. It will take some time to adapt to the UTF-16 format which we were going to do eventually to accommodate the various language characters. This will prevent me from purchasing additional copies for additional stations as I see no way to purchase another license with the older version. I would like to maintain your most recent version but this is a show stopper. I really need your help here. Thanks.
    Last edited by jmyates; 03-01-2009, 06:07 PM.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Metadata Tag Characters ANSI now UTF-16

start dbconfig.exe, then click on codecs tab, then advanced options. From here you can change to ansi for flac, mp3, etc. with drop down menu selection for each codec.

Comment

• jmyates
      • Nov 2007

Re: Metadata Tag Characters ANSI now UTF-16

Cool. Thanks. I knew that this had to exist since dbpoweramp is such a good program.

Comment

Working...

]]>