title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

New Drive

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • longhorn
    • Feb 2009

New Drive

I have seen the list of accurate drives but most of them seem really old.
    << RESULTs for 2011: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=23074 >> AccurateRip collects data from all drives, normally this is only used to verify a disc is accurate, but can be reversed to calculate which drives are the most accurate (as measured by lowest % inaccurate tracks). This test was previously

Can you guys recommend a drive? What would you get? I need to rip hundreds of CDs.

Also, if you know of a good CD buffer that doesn't cost a small fortune but still works reasonably well; I would like to hear about it.

Thanks for your help.
  • longhorn
    • Feb 2009

Re: New Drive

Well,I just ordered this drive.

Plextor PX-230A 52X32X52X Internal ATAPI/ IDE CD-RW Black Bezel

I may need some help with advanced settings (well advanced for me). Offset and whatnot. I hope this drive is good because it costs $130.

Comment

• DS-user
      • Jan 2009

130$?
      US dollars?

I just bought one for 25$....

Comment

• DS-user
        • Jan 2009

The 230 is good, but quite far from the old plextors. And let me point out that i am only talking about audio quality, from an advanced and expensive hifi-perspective.
        Yes, there is difference in audio quality, even if all drives rip "accurately".

Debating this in this forum is probably quite futile, but if you are interested in knowing more, i could provide you with a link or two.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Please do (provide links), I am all for refuting 'miss-information'.

With AccurateRip - if it says the rip was accurate then it is accurate 100%, bit for bit (accounting for over-reading, or not on the last track).

If a Drive rips accurately then you cannot get any better than 100% correct...
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• longhorn
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by DS-user
            130$?
            US dollars?

I just bought one for 25$....
            Where did you get it?

Comment

• DS-user
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
              Please do (provide links), I am all for refuting 'miss-information'.

With AccurateRip - if it says the rip was accurate then it is accurate 100%, bit for bit (accounting for over-reading, or not on the last track).

If a Drive rips accurately then you cannot get any better than 100% correct...
              Since you are posting on the linnforum, i would assume that you know about "different" views on this matter.

Anyhow, as mentioned, i´m not gonna touch this matter further, as it requires people to:

1) Have an open mind
              2) Get a proper dem of it done by competent people with proper equipment

And preferable should people from for and against be present at the dem, for debate about the differences.

Comment

• DS-user
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by longhorn
                Where did you get it?
                It was brand new, although been in stock for ages at my local dealer, just pure luck i spotted it in a sales bin. Last one i´m afraid.

Standard price was said to be 50$

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Anyhow, as mentioned, i´m not gonna touch this matter further, as it requires people to:

1) Have an open mind
                  2) Get a proper dem of it done by competent people with proper equipment
                  If we are talking DSs, they stream audio, so the quality depends on the audio ripped. Even the cheapest CD drive on the market can give a 100% idential rip to the studio glass master, that is what AccurateRip is all about, it is mathamatically verified through CRCs, if they match, then the rip matches.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• funkyblue
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Oct 2007

Is there any NEW drives that read into leadin/out? (Don't need a debate just wondering)

Comment

Working...

]]>