title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Encoder.txt Question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sylph
    • Dec 2008

Encoder.txt Question

Can I put several encoder.txt files in my CLI Encoder folder and then choose the one I want for that particular session instead of, for example, having to rename them from e.g. encoder 1.txt to encoder.txt every time I want to use one?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Encoder.txt Question

No, instead create new codecs, it in in the help basically you copy the whole CLI Encoder folder to another and then copy CLI Encoder.dll to aother also matching the new folder.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

That is, rename the folder and the DLL to how you want the file to show up in the codec drop-down, such as "mp3(LAME.exe)" or whatever. Just make sure the dll file and folder have the same name.

Comment

• Sylph
        • Dec 2008

Well, something went wrong. If I copy this to encoder.txt, an error pops up: CDGrab.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Which does not happen if I copy a different LAME encoder.txt. So I have no idea why this particular one does not work. It used to... This all happens with the beta version... I can't have two LAME CLIs?
        Last edited by Sylph; 02-21-2009, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• Sylph
          • Dec 2008

The problem was that instead of dBpoweramp's lame.dll I used LAME's DLL.

Comment

Working...

]]>