title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ReplayGain Utility Codec - A couple of questions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: ReplayGain Utility Codec - A couple of questions

Note that to just apply ReplayGain tags, you can use the [ReplayGain] utility codec.

Comment

• jbraveman
      • Nov 2008

I found it. Once installed it appears in the <convering to:> box in the converter.

Anyone have any tips about configuring mp3tag or tag&rename to display the field?

Thanks

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

go into mp3tag, right click on column headings, select customize columns and add:

%REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN%

as value for a new field you name album gain. Do the same thing replacing _ALBUM_ with _TRACK_ for track gain column.

Originally posted by jbraveman
        I found it. Once installed it appears in the <convering to:> box in the converter.

Anyone have any tips about configuring mp3tag or tag&rename to display the field?

Thanks

Comment

• jbraveman
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by garym
          go into mp3tag, right click on column headings, select customize columns and add:

%REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN%

as value for a new field you name album gain. Do the same thing replacing _ALBUM_ with _TRACK_ for track gain column.
          thank you kindly.

Comment

• jbraveman
            • Nov 2008

Album gain does not seem to be applied when using the batch converter on a large batch of files (10-20K). All the track gain tags look good.

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

I've had this issue as well. I've seen other posts on same subject, but don't recall ever seeing an answer other than running the replaygain on smaller batches of files. One thing, it doesn't seem to do the album calc until the very end, so be sure and wait until the notification says everything is completely done. I think I've accidentally prematurely ended the process because it appears to be done at first glance, but not really....

Comment

• Teknojnky
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Dec 2006

Yea, album gain is calculated after the entire list is processed.

If you try to RG a huge number of files, it will take a long time after the track gain is calculated.

You have to wait for the finished button to ungrey.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Anyone who is having troubles with Album gain not being calculated on some files, install the beta 4 DSP effects here (leave the [Replay Gain] utility codec as is):

Changes: New Effect - Move Destination File On Error New Effect - ReplayGain (Apply) ID Tag Processing: Export of [artist] - [title], etc ID Tag Processing: Handling of PNG artwork (ie PNG in tag, exporting to JPG automatically converted) ID Tag Processing: Can export to .png files ID Tag Processing: New Option - so can

Let me know if this one fixes the issue please.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• moley6knipe
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • May 2008

Double post, but DSP 4's RG update has fices this problem for mr.

Comment

• Nonreality
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
                      Anyone who is having troubles with Album gain not being calculated on some files, install the beta 4 DSP effects here (leave the [Replay Gain] utility codec as is):

Changes: New Effect - Move Destination File On Error New Effect - ReplayGain (Apply) ID Tag Processing: Export of [artist] - [title], etc ID Tag Processing: Handling of PNG artwork (ie PNG in tag, exporting to JPG automatically converted) ID Tag Processing: Can export to .png files ID Tag Processing: New Option - so can

Let me know if this one fixes the issue please.
                      I've also had missing album gain when doing large amounts of albums in the past. My problem now is that it will not apply album gain during rips. It only will do track gain. Will it apply album gain during a rip or do I have a problem? I'm using dsp 4 and everything else is up to date. I've never been able to get album gain to work during the rip.

Comment

• moley6knipe
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • May 2008

You're not alone, me neither. Can't find the post now but Spoon's said it's best dne post-rip via Music Convertor.

Shame, as it's another few clicks and I'm lazy :-)

Comment

• Nonreality
                          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by moley6knipe
                          You're not alone, me neither. Can't find the post now but Spoon's said it's best dne post-rip via Music Convertor.

Shame, as it's another few clicks and I'm lazy :-)
                          I did find a post finally that stated that it won't at this time do album gain with the multi encoder, so that's our problem. So I'll keep doing the replay gain after. It would be nice to do in just one step though. :(

Comment

• djs777
                            • Mar 2009

dsp V4 does not fix the issue of the Replaygain utility codec of running for hours on thousands of files and failing to consistently write album gains. Which means if I spend endless hours running batches of about 300 files or less, only then are album gains are created.

I monitored the %tmp% directory as suggested in another thread. Clearly no issue on ability to write to a tmp file or directory or disk space. Looks like Replaygain utility codec creates two or three temp files at the %tmp% level, and also creates a subdirectory that creates a temp file for each album selected for the utility code run plus one more temp file called "RPGainFNAlbummatch.tmp." Each album tmp file is about 47k in size.

Really want this issue resolved.

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

As far as our testing, all issues are fixed with DSP v4.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>