title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Re-rip or Re-tag?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • computer-girl
    • Dec 2008

Re-rip or Re-tag?

After ripping 100s of CDs to FLAC, many using Batch ripper, I looked at the filenames (along with the corresponding tags), and directory structure and feel that I could have done everything better. I would prefer, for instance, that the file names lead with the Artist rather than the track number. I would like this to be reflected in the FLAC tags as well. I would also like to move the files.

Would it be better to re-rip all of the discs, this time, with the proper directory structure and naming convention? Or should I use a tool such as Mp3tag?

Also, I did NOT rip with ReplayGain. Is it ok to do this after the fact with another tool, or re-rip, this time, with ReplayGain activated?

Lastly, I do have a robot so that I can batch rip 50 cds at one time unattended.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Re-rip or Re-tag?

You can use the "Arrange Audio" utility codec to re-arrange and re-name your files.

You can add ReplayGain tags after the fact with the [ReplayGain] utility codec. Just use the Batch Converter to select all your files and let it go.

Comment

• computer-girl
      • Dec 2008

Re: Re-rip or Re-tag?

LtData, Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by LtData
      You can use the "Arrange Audio" utility codec to re-arrange and re-name your files.

You can add ReplayGain tags after the fact with the [ReplayGain] utility codec. Just use the Batch Converter to select all your files and let it go.

Comment

Working...

]]>