title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dbPowerAmp does not recognize my CDROM and the offset. HELP ME!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • canguro
    • Jan 2009

dbPowerAmp does not recognize my CDROM and the offset. HELP ME!!!

Greetings

I installed the dbpoweramp suite (registered copy) in order to rip my cd collection (more that 3000 CDs) in FLAC format. I have not been able to do it since the suite does NOT recognize my CD Drive (Optiarc - BD ROM BC-5500S) that is listed and supported by AccurateRip (http://www.accuraterip.com/driveoffsets.htm). I have not be able to use a Key CD to find the offset neither. When de dbPowerAmp ripper connects to de accuraterip webpage I got always the same message “The cd cannot be used (it does not match the one stored in acurraterip) please try a different key disc). I have already used more that 100 different “Key Disc” with the same outcome.

Given this situation I have not been able to use the dbPowerAmp suite. Does someone could help me out here? How can I make the suite recognize my cd rom? Can I configure the offset? Is there a way to “tell” the program the model of my CDRom? Can it be configured manually?
    For the record, I also installed the Exact Audio Copy “EAC” (freeware) and it DID recognized my CDROM AT ONCE and it calibrate with the “Key Disk” at the very first try.

I prefer very much the dbPowerAmp and that is way I am asking for help to be able to configure it and be able to use it at its full potential. Disc

My system:
    Laptop HP Pavilion dv7-1170us
    Wondows Vista SP1 64 bits
    4 Gb Ram/Intel dual core 2 Ghz (2 Mb Cache)/ 320Gb HD/ nVidia 512 MB

Many thanks for your help !!!!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dbPowerAmp does not recognize my CDROM and the offset. HELP ME!!!

>For the record, I also installed the Exact Audio Copy “EAC” (freeware) and it DID recognized my CDROM AT ONCE and it calibrate with the “Key Disk” at the very first try.

That is the odd thing, as EAC and dBpoweramp both use the same AccurateRip dlls, if it activates the offset in EAC then it should be activated in dBpoweramp. Try switching the communication (CD Ripper >> Options >> ) to 'Windows Internal' and see if that activates the offset.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• canguro
      • Jan 2009

Hello Spoon,

Thanks for your idea. I changed the communication options and in fact the software DID recognize my CDROM at once and it calibrated at the first try with de Key Disk. HOWEVER, the software highlighted that in this mode (Windows Internal) it was unable to use the C2, the error pointer, and all the technical abilities of the CDROM. I explore the only 3 options it allows me with the follow outcomes.

SCSI PASS THROUGH READ (spt) = it does NOT recognize the model of my CDROM nor calibrate with the Key Disc nor OFFSET, it DOES detect the C2 capabilities and technical data of the CDROM.

SCSI PASS THROUGH READ (D8) =it does NOT recognize ANY CDROM in the system (not generic, not model, not nothing).

WINDOWS INTERNAL = it recognizes the model of the CDROM and calibrates with the Key Disc and the OFFSET BUT it is unable to use the technical abilities of the CDROM (C2, pointers, etc)

Those are the only 3 options the software provides me. My CDROM (Optiarc BC-5500S) is a serial ATA (S-ATA) but this is not an option in the software ONLY SCSI.

Spoon, any ideas how can I solve this out? Anybody out there to give me a hand? It is REALLY frustrating.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software (fully uninstalled and clean up the leftovers) and it is the same.

For the record, in my previous system I had a S-ATA drive as well and it always worked perfectly.

Many thanks

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

SCSI Pass Through is what the Windows communication channel is called, it doesn't mean it's trying to talk to the drive via SCSI.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

>SCSI PASS THROUGH READ (spt) = it does NOT recognize the model of my CDROM nor calibrate

Something very wrong on the system then, anything newer than Windows 2000 should always work with SPT, they are very simple calls to get the drive details...
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• canguro
            • Jan 2009

Spoon,

Thanks for your answer. I wonder why the EAC recognized the CDROM IN THE SAME SYSTEM at once. If the problem is the system the EAC wold not be able to do so. Don't you think?

There is something i can do about it (expet changing a new system!!!:D i just get me this one)

Thanks!!!

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

EAC might automatically revert to a lesser connection method.

Look at updating your Motherboard chipset drivers and make sure that nothing has installed scsi filters (such as a CD/DVD virtual driv program, or even a copy protected CD installing 'malware')
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>