title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

converting m4p to mp3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joeymayr
    • Jan 2009

converting m4p to mp3

Hi,
    I´m really unexperienced with dbpoweramp and I wanna convert my legal bought "m4p-files" from ITunes to "mp3-files" to use a CD in my car.:sad:
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: converting m4p to mp3

can't do a direct conversion legally. that's the problem with DRM. You can now pay itunes 30cents more to replace these with files that don't have the DRM (in some cases with more coming in April). Otherwise, you have to burn to a CD as audio files, then rip from CD as mp3, flac, etc. Not a perfect solution as you're going from lossy to lossy.

Comment

• joeymayr
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by garym
      can't do a direct conversion legally. that's the problem with DRM. You can now pay itunes 30cents more to replace these with files that don't have the DRM (in some cases with more coming in April). Otherwise, you have to burn to a CD as audio files, then rip from CD as mp3, flac, etc. Not a perfect solution as you're going from lossy to lossy.
      Thanks for these informations!

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Do note that if you do decide to pay the fee to get DRM-free music, currently you have to pay the fee for EVERY song you EVER purchased from iTunes. There is currently no option to not upgrade certain songs or only upgrade certain ones, it is an all-or-nothing choice.

Comment

• Wayne
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by LtData
          Do note that if you do decide to pay the fee to get DRM-free music, currently you have to pay the fee for EVERY song you EVER purchased from iTunes. There is currently no option to not upgrade certain songs or only upgrade certain ones, it is an all-or-nothing choice.
          Nice little earner

Comment

• javajeff
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Jan 2006

I bought Yes Relayer (Remastered) for $2.97 for the good deal, but they are not iTunes plus. I asked if I could spend the additional $7 to upgrade to the $9.99 new plus album with extra material, and they said no. The three replacement tracks exist in plus format as part of the expanded album, but I am not given the opportunity to upgrade. It appears that my version is discontinued since it is no longer on the site.

I burned the album to CD and ripped to flac. I made mp3 files from the FLAC. I think the sound quality difference exists, but it is harder to tell with such an old album. I would much prefer another way to get the files to flac.
            Last edited by javajeff; 03-16-2009, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>