title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Not getting album art

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Not getting album art

If they were popular CDs, I would say for certain something is altering or blocking the datastream from AMG and GD3
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Wayne
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Aug 2002

Are they popular CDs?

Comment

• wolster
        • Jul 2008

Yes, they were popular CDs.
        I,ll go back & search my firewall/antivirus settings (Kerio/bitdefender). The annoying thing is that I used to get album art and dont recall changing any settings.

Thanks for your efforts.

wolster

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Even your modem router might have a 'firewall'
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Make sure you double-check this part of the post I linked to earlier, specifically mentioning Bit Defender:
            Edit: Also, check for Parental Control Software, as one user enabled this feature in BitDefender and lost access to AMG.
            Edit2: Also, try disabling the "Privacy Control" in BitDefender, as one user reported AMG access would only work with it off.

Comment

• nigeld
              • Jan 2009

I'm having the same problem too!!

Comment

• wallkatt
                • Jan 2009

I'm having the same problem. I had a previous version (free) of CD ripper that downloaded the album art but when I upgraded and paid (!) suddenly I cannot get album art and none of the titles are found (Rip Status: xNot in AccurateRip) even when the album title and song titles are downloaded. And, yes, I think that Abbey Road MUST be in the database. I'm using ZoneAlarm and didn't have any problems previously. Any suggestions?
                Last edited by wallkatt; 01-03-2009, 02:32 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

As a test unload Zone Alarm briefly, and see if it works.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wallkatt
                    • Jan 2009

I uninstalled dcpoweramp cd ripper and all of the encoders, then re-installed it (dMC-R13.1-Ref-Registered.exe) When it loaded, it said that I have 364 more days on the subscription. I then disabled ZoneAlarm and inserted Abbey Road. The disk name, genre, titles, etc all appeared but the album art is still missing. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Comment

• wallkatt
                      • Jan 2009

OK, I fixed it. The trick was to go to the ID tag Meta icon dropdown and make sure that All Media Guide is NOT selected. (??!!) You can see that clicking on each of the internet data sources toggles the background shading. In my case, when the All Media Guide background is cleared (light background) AND GD3 has a gray background, the disk info (including rating and album art) appeared, along with a popup showing GD3 as the Meta source. Whenever the background of AMG is dark OR GD3 is light, the rating stars and album art are not received.

(Note to programmers: the shading is barely visible on LCD monitors and a check box by each source would be much easier to see, as well as for understanding the function. Also, I am assuming that the gray background means that the source is selected - at least that seems to be the way it works!)

Now, for getting album art for the CDs that were already ripped: there is no need to re-rip the entire CD; you only have to re-rip one track (as long as the album art shows up before you start ripping the track) Still a pain but much better that re-ripping everything.

Hope this helps

Comment

• wallkatt
                        • Jan 2009

Oops. More problems. Now when I insert a disk (and get album art) the bottom of the Title list says that the "CD in AccurateRip", but when the titles are ripped the rip status for each title says "xNot in AccurateRip" AccurateRip was the primary reason for paying for dbpoweramp. Without it I could use something else.

Also, I am getting differing behavior depending on which meta source is selected - in contrast to what I posted previously. I can see no rhyme, reason or consistency to the behavior.

Now I'm really confused. Help! (looks like programming bugs, um, features) Please prove me wrong and shed some light on the errors of my ways.

Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

First enable all the providers, and use perfect meta - also try pressing the meta data button a few times, if your internet is working without errors the metadata returned should always be the same.

RE: AccurateRip, can you visit www.accuraterip.com? in the past some peoples internet service providers seem to have blocked it.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wallkatt
                            • Jan 2009

I get the same info each time I click Meta without changing the disk.

I can get to AccurateRip.com without problem. And I used to get the AccurateRip data for each title but I cannot now. As I said before, at the bottom of the title list is the text "CD in AccurateRip" but as each track is ripped, the AccurateRip data for that title is not available. This would imply to me that the problem is not one from the ISP or connection but, rather, with the program.

This behavior started only after I paid for dbpoweramp and downloaded a new registered copy. I'll download another copy and install it to see if that takes care of the problems.

Comment

• wallkatt
                              • Jan 2009

I just re-downloaded and reinstalled dbpoweramp and the encoders, then activated AMG and entered my order number but the result is the same: I now reliably get the cover art but, even though the disk is apparently found in AccurateRip, each of the titles comes back after ripping with the entry that it is not in AccurateRip.

I even ripped a disk that I had already ripped. When I loaded the disk it showed that most of the tracks had already been accurately ripped with the exception of two. When I re-ripped these two it said that they were not in AccurateRip.

I apparently have not lost my mind (not completely at least) since the disk that had previously accessed AccurateRip now cannot.

It appears that something in the configuration is messed up. Under the Meta options the entries PertfectMeta, cache, All Media Guide, GD3, MusicBrainz, FreeDB and Track Type are enabled (gray background) Any other suggestions? Something in Options? Edit the registry? Edit some configuration file? Check for the problem in other topics? Sorry, reloading the OS or buying a new computer is not (yet) an acceptable alternative.

Comment

• LtData
                                dBpoweramp Guru
                                • May 2004

Try a dBpoweramp full reset: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=13285

Comment

Working...

]]>