title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

1st track fails 1 minute in, all the rest fail at 15 seconds

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WarriorProphet
    • Dec 2008

1st track fails 1 minute in, all the rest fail at 15 seconds

Guys, I've used dbpoweramp before but I'm having an odd problem since I installed it on Vista, and I'm wondering if anyone here can figure it out.

I start ripping, then I get one minute into the first song on it fails, the rest of the tracks try for about 15 seconds into each, but then also fail. This started happening only after installing dbpoweramp, and uninstalling does not fix it, I've tried r12 and r13 to no avail.

This happens on dbpoweramp, EAC, and WMP11.

My system:
    Vista x64
    Nvidia 780i SLI chipset
    Wolfdale e8400 Pentium Core2
    4gb RAM
    SATA Pioneer DVR-213NP DVD/RW (only optical drive installed)
    SATAII Seagate 500 and 750GB 32mb cache HDDs

Let me know if you can figure out the issue.
  • WarriorProphet
    • Dec 2008

Re: 1st track fails 1 minute in, all the rest fail at 15 seconds

Here is a copy/paste of the error:

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 1' to 'C:\Users\SuperGabe\Music\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner\Handel's Messiah\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner - Handel's Messiah - 01 - Symphony.mp3'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 7702 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 13815) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 2' to 'C:\Users\SuperGabe\Music\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner\Handel's Messiah\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner - Handel's Messiah - 02 - Recitative & Air - Comfort ye my people... Every valley sha.mp3'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 15609 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 42565) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 3' to 'C:\Users\SuperGabe\Music\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner\Handel's Messiah\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner - Handel's Messiah - 03 - Chorus - And the glory of the Lord.mp3'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 42617 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 55870) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 4' to 'C:\Users\SuperGabe\Music\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner\Handel's Messiah\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner - Handel's Messiah - 04 - Recitative & Air - Thus saith the Lord... But who may abide.mp3'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 56104 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 76055) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 5' to 'C:\Users\SuperGabe\Music\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner\Handel's Messiah\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner - Handel's Messiah - 05 - Chorus - And he shall purify.mp3'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 76055 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 85650) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 6' to 'C:\Users\SuperGabe\Music\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner\Handel's Messiah\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner - Handel's Messiah - 06 - Recitative & Air - Behold, a virgin shall conceive... O tho.mp3'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 87600 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 112732) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 7' to 'C:\Users\SuperGabe\Music\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner\Handel's Messiah\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner - Handel's Messiah - 07 - Recitative & Air - For behold, darkness shall cover the ear.mp3'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 114604 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 140790) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 8' to 'C:\Users\SuperGabe\Music\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner\Handel's Messiah\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner - Handel's Messiah - 08 - Chorus - For unto us a child is born.mp3'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 141622 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 156915) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 9' to 'C:\Users\SuperGabe\Music\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner\Handel's Messiah\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner - Handel's Messiah - 09 - Pifa.mp3'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 156915 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 169917) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 10' to 'C:\Users\SuperGabe\Music\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner\Handel's Messiah\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner - Handel's Messiah - 10 - Recitative - There were shepherds abiding in the field... B.mp3'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 169917 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 184172) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 11' to 'C:\Users\SuperGabe\Music\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner\Handel's Messiah\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner - Handel's Messiah - 11 - Chorus - Glory to God in the highest.mp3'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 184172 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 192012) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 12' to 'C:\Users\SuperGabe\Music\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner\Handel's Messiah\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner - Handel's Messiah - 12 - Air - Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion.mp3'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 192012 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 210827) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 13' to 'C:\Users\SuperGabe\Music\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner\Handel's Messiah\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner - Handel's Messiah - 13 - Recitative and Aria - Then shall the eyes... He shall feed .mp3'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 210827 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 233237) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 14' to 'C:\Users\SuperGabe\Music\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner\Handel's Messiah\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner - Handel's Messiah - 14 - Chorus - His yoke is easy.mp3'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 233237 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 242300) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 15' to 'C:\Users\SuperGabe\Music\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner\Handel's Messiah\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner - Handel's Messiah - 15 - Chorus - Behold the Lamb of God.mp3'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 242300 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 255707) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 16' to 'C:\Users\SuperGabe\Music\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner\Handel's Messiah\St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy & Chorus with Neville Marriner - Handel's Messiah - 16 - Air - He was despised.mp3'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 255707 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 306450) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

See this thread about filters:

Hi, I am using dbpoweramp 12.3 and when I try to rip using the Plextor PX-760A and test the FUA support, it gives me the following message: "CD drive rejected FUA clear command, FUA will be not used". What's worng? Why I cannot clear the cache of the Plextor drive? Can someone please help me? Thanks.:)

Installing dBpoweramp would not effect any of the other programs mentioned, we install no system drivers, filters or anything outside of \dbpoweramp's folder.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• WarriorProphet
        • Dec 2008

Hmm what about VM ware, I'll uninstall that... I only see class lower filters and it says pfc.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

There are copy protected CDs which can install nasty filters in the chain, you would have to search for pfc to see what that is.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bhoar
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
            There are copy protected CDs which can install nasty filters in the chain, you would have to search for pfc to see what that is.
            pfc is probably Padus Foundation Classes. It is probably not involved, but it's worth temporarily disabling filters by tracking down the sources.

So, uninstall the software that installed them. Then, get mad because the uninstallers removed everything except for the filters and track down the "special" uninstallers hidden on the software mkaers site or even the site of a library that the software maker licenses in order to really get rid of the filter driver.

Seriously, it can be that annoying.

Also, it is worth installing root kit detection software just to make sure you didn't get bitten by one of the sony rootkit CDs...

-brendan

Comment

Working...

]]>