title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Batch conversion: Skip files in destination

Batch conversion: Skip files in destination

If I'm missing something plainly obvious, I apologize in adavance :o

I have two music libraries. The primary library (source library) contains all the lossless music, i.e. wma lossless, the secondary libary (destination library) contains a mirror image of the primary libary, but in mp3 format.

Whenever I rip a new CD, I use dpPowerAmp to convert the newly ripped files from the primary libary to the secondary library. This isn't a big hassel when I've ripped a single CD. But, on the occassions where I rip multiple CD's it can be quite cumbersome to manually find each album in the file system and then convert.

My question: Is there a method with dpPowerAmp to just point at the root of the destination folder and have it rip only new files to the source folder?

Administrator

Re: Batch conversion: Skip files in destination

Yes, use batch converter to select all files, in Music Converter when it asks to overwrite select no to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Yes, use batch converter to select all files, in Music Converter when it asks to overwrite select no to all.
    Thanks Spoon That does what I need.

As a follow up, is there a method to write a log file of all files converted?

And lastly (I think :smile2: ) is there a way to schedule a batch conversion of all new files on a nightly basis that includes a running log file of actions performed?

Cheers!

Administrator

No log files for converter.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    No log files for converter.
    Please add log files to conversion on your wishlisht as requested by a faithful user who often recommends dbPowerAmp :D

And add to the wish-list a way to schedule batch conversion. That way, it would be really easy to keep the hifi and lofi versions of our music in sync.

Thanks for a great product!
    /Fredrik