title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch Conveter Keep Path Feature

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • s.whiplash
    • Jan 2007

Batch Conveter Keep Path Feature

I have been using dBpowerAmp file selector in the registered version 11.5. There were options to write the converted files to a new output location but keep the path of the original files. There was also an option to delete the original files.

I upgraded to r13 and it looks like the "Keep Path" option is replaced by a "Dynamic" option in the Batch Conversion tool, but it does not allow me to select it. I also can not find the delete original files option.

How do I make these features work in r13?

Thanks,
    Mark
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Batch Conveter Keep Path Feature

Requires dBpoweramp Reference.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• s.whiplash
      • Jan 2007

I didn't know that there was a dbpoweramp Reference. I don't check the site or follow the forums regularly, but finally found out kinda what "Reference" is.

I used dbpoweramp 11.5 to convert my entire library to Flac (Sonos) and mp3 (ipod) and it was great, but only use it occasionally now.

I thought I would upgrade to the most recent version, expecting to see some new features. I didn't think that I would actually lose features. Especially 2 features that were pretty useful before.

The $16 to upgrade to reference isn't that much, but I wouldn't really use any of the features listed.

r11.5 worked fine for me, so maybe I'll just go back and use it.

Thanks,
      Mark

Comment

• nspindel
        • Sep 2008

Hmmm, I'm facing the same problem. I actually upgraded to Reference (in fact, I re-purchased for the full amount because I didn't even realize I could upgrade...) but I still can't get this working.

Reference uses this concept of dynamic file paths, so you can use masks like [artist]\[album]\[track] = [title] to generate a folder structure for the converted music, but this is very different than the old feature which would maintain the original folder structure.

I have a lot of remastered cd's, and I have them in folders by record label, and then series. For example, I have a folder structure liKe:

\Remasters\MFSL\UDCD\Pink Floyd\Dark Side of the Moon (MFSL UDCD-517\01 - Speak To Me.flac

So now I'm trying to transcode these to mp3's for the ipod, and I'd like to have the exact same folder structure in another location. That way, when the transcoding is done, I can use a one-line dos xcopy command and copy over all the artwork from the flac folders to the mp3 folders, so I can then embed the artwork in the mp3's for use on the ipod.

With the dynamic folder creation, I can get the

\Pink Floyd\Dark Side of the Moon (MFSL UDCD-517\01 - Speak To Me.flac

part to work, but I lose the \Remasters\MFSL\UDCD\ part of the path, since this information is not tagged anywhere in the flac, it's just a part of the filepath.

Also, the old problem of compilation cd's creeps in, where albums with multiple artists get split into multiple folders if I use the artist tag in the dynamic path, whereas the actual path in my flac library has the entire album under a Various folder instead of an artist name.

Is there a way using Reference to get the old behavior, where it will just use the original folder path, rather than dynamically defining one?
        Last edited by nspindel; 09-28-2008, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• nspindel
          • Sep 2008

Ah, I actually think I just answered my own question, it helps to actually look at the options that dynamic folders give you! Now I see there's an [origpath] and [origfilename] mask that can be used in the dynamic folders. Nice, that oughtta do it!

Comment

Working...

]]>