title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Please assist Force No Date On Year not working

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ameliajune
    • Aug 2008

Please assist Force No Date On Year not working

I installed the registered version of 13.0, and then decided to try the 13.1 version. Well it seemed buggy, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled 13.0, but I don't think it uninstalled completely because my profile, etc. was still there when I re-opened it.

Regardless, I have the box checked Force No Date On Year, and yet I'm still getting months and days in my Year line.

Help!
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Please assist Force No Date On Year not working

Have you tried unchecking the option, hitting OK twice to get back to the main ripper screen, then going back in, checking it, and seeing what it does then?

Comment

• ameliajune
      • Aug 2008

Thanks for the suggestion... Nope, that didn't work.

For example, I'm using Depeche Mode's "Exciter" CD.

When I put it in Meta does it's thing, and the date shows up 2001 05 15. When I press Alt-M to see the Manual Meta Review, GD3, Music Brainz and Freedb all show the date as 2001 (and it's in red under all of them) and then AMG shows the date as 2001 05 15. It seems to have used AMG's setting, even though the Force No Date On Year box is checked.

Any ideas?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Have you checked the ripped files? AFAIK the date is only shortened as the year is written to the id tags.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ameliajune
          • Aug 2008

AHA! :smile2: It worked, thank you. I just thought it would show up in the program, but that's fine just so long as it does.

Hey and btw, remember when I asked you about Playing a Sound after the conversion because I didn't want to have the CD eject?

Turns out you can under DSP - Play Sound After Conversion. It'll play a different sound if you get an error too... VERY handy!

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Would that not play a sound after each track is ripped?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ameliajune
              • Aug 2008

The program on its own, dBpoweramp, from what I was doing, didn't play any sounds on its own. Once the CD was completed I could set it to eject, but often I wanted to see the lovely interface check marks, etc.

When I added the DSP "Play Sound After Conversion" I could set it to make one sound after it was finished and a different sound if it found any errors.

Comment

Working...

]]>